Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Working ArrangementIn Office
Senior Cloud Engineer
Calling on a Senior Cloud Engineer who have experience working with cloud technologies. One who can seamlessly combine tech know-how with business acumen to help us meet our cloud computing needs, including infrastructure design, maintenance, support and planning, and everything in between! You are able to connect the dots and evolve our cloud capabilities over time, evolve your own capabilities as an engineer and keep an eye on developments that can support our expansion.
- Working in tandem with our engineering team to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for the company.
- Planning, designing and developing cloud-based applications.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Deploying and debugging cloud initiatives as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Lead and develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineering team.
- Building and designing web services in the cloud, along with implementing the set-up of geographically redundant services.
- Orchestrating and automating cloud-based platforms throughout the company.
- Participate in Agile sprints and ceremonies; support rapid iteration and development
- Builds code to specifications and standards
- Creates and conducts executable tests, continuously integrating code into the overall software framework
- Research technical strategies, third party tools, and current and new technologies to deal with emerging technical issues and improve development efficiency
- Promotes agile principles and methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or relevant field.
- 5+ years’ experience architecting scalable distributed systems.
- 3+ years of experience in Azure Cloud
- Experience with at least one end-end enterprise implementation using PaaS preferable AKS.
- Experience working with Public/Private/Hybrid cloud architecture (PaaS) using AKS preferably and Azure, Azure SQL, etc.
- Experience in Terraform, Infra as Code, and Desired State Configuration.
- Good knowledge of Unix and Bosh CLI
- Experience with end-to-end application development in open-stack technologies running in private, public or hybrid datacenter locations is preferred.
- Software development in an agile environment with a focus on Devops with CI/CD.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate at different management levels.
- Experience with platform technologies, modern software architectures and API-driven development, scripting languages, technologies such as: API Gateways, Messaging, Data Event Streaming, REST, SOAP, Distributed Tracing, Relational and Document Database Interface/SQL
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact [email protected] .